The Legion Building No Longer Exists
Wichita Mountains Area Senior Citizens Center
Legion Building Sign-In Sheet Instructions
When you open the Legion Building:
Note: By opening the Legion Building you assume all responsibility for the building.
1. Complete the sign-in sheet, giving name, date and time, reason for the visit. If you have others with you, have them sign on the Event Registration Log (sheets on top or in the middle drawer of the desk entrance desk).
2. If hot water is needed, plug the water heater fuse into the junction box (in the Utility Room, left of the water heater). (NOTE: The water heater may already be on. If not, it will rise to usable temperature in about 30 minutes.)
3. If coffee is needed, plug in either or both coffeemakers.
a. For the right coffeemaker, plug its electrical cord into the receptacle and turn the Off/On switch to “On.” Add a small amount of water (until the “Add Water” light goes out, prepare the coffee grounds (approximately two heaping measures of coffee grounds for 12 cups), and, when the blue “Ready” light illuminates, pour up to 12 cups of water into the open grill at the top of the machine.
b. The left coffeemaker is connected to the building water lines. Ensure that the tap on the water feed line is turned on. The water in the tank begins to heat as soon as the electrical cord is plugged into the receptacle. It takes 15 minutes or so for the water in the tank to get up to brewing temperature. Place coffee grounds for 12 cups (approximately two heaping measures) into the filter holder. There are three switches on the front of the coffeemaker. The top switch turns on the burner on the top of the maker. The bottom switch turns on the lower right burner. The center switch turns on the brew button and the lower left (brewing) burner. Place the coffeepot on the brewing burner under the grounds holder and press the brew button. When the water in the tank is at brewing temperature, the hot water will flow, and brewing will begin.
4. If the dishwasher is to be used during the visit, be sure the water heater has been on at least 40 minutes so the water is hot. Switch on the booster heater (switch is above the left end of the triple sink). Run water from the “Hot” faucet into the triple sink until the water is fully hot. Turn the Off/On switch on the front of the dishwasher to “On.” Fill the dishwasher with hot water by pressing the “Fill” button for approximately 45 seconds (until the water reaches the bottom of the rotating sprayer). Load rinsed items to be washed into the appropriate rack and the rack into the machine. Press the black “Run” button to start the 90-second cycle. Remove the rack and let the contents air dry before storing the items in the proper areas. The machine needs to be water-filled only once during its operational day unless the water in the bottom cools or becomes dirty.
When closing the Legion Building after senior citizen use:
1. Clean and straighten any area used during the visit. Deactivate, straighten, and store all activity items used (TV remote, games, chairs and tables, sewing machines, etc)
2. Unplug the water heater (if used) by pulling the fuse unit from the fuse junction box; place the fuse unit on top of the fuze junction box.
3. Turn off any coffee pot used, dump the grounds into a trash container, rinse (or wash) the coffee canister and paper-filter holder and leave them to dry on the top of the beverage cabinet.
4. Drain the dishwasher (if used) by pressing the “Drain” button until the wash water is gone. Empty, rinse, and reinsert the filter basket. Turn the Off/On switch to “Off.” Do not leave a rack in the dishwasher. Close the door. Turn off the booster water heater switch.
5. Go to every outside door (ballroom outside doors, back storeroom door, front entry door, and kitchen door) to be sure each is closed and locked. Also inspect the Delta double door, unless their facility is manned, to be sure it is closed and secure. Do this even if you have not used any door other than the door which you entered.
6. Physically go to each restroom and ensure that each is clean, trash cans empty, and paper supplies sufficient. Turn off the lights in each restroom and the water heater in the ladies restroom.
8. Turn off or adjust the thermostats to “Building Idle” temperatures: 50 degrees in the winter, 85 degrees in the summer, and turn off the lights in the ballroom, front hall, and rooms that were used. (One low-energy light is left on in the ballroom)
9. Lock cabinets or appliances that you used or found unlocked, replace all keys in the key safe and lock the key safe. Check the range and fryer to be sure all knobs and switches are in the “Off” position.
10. Initial (entering the time of departure) on your line of the Sign-in sheet showing the building is secure, turn off the lights in the kitchen, close and check the locked kitchen door from the outside. If leaving from the front door, turn off the hall light, close, lock, and check the front door from the outside.
Wichita Mountains Area Senior Citizens Center
Building Sign-In Sheet
Date&Time Name Purpose of Visit Exit Time
(Activity) Time & Initials