Senior Humor Page....... or click for <Poems and Stuff> Senior's thoughts and Scribbles
I saw little humor in being old until I laughed with others about things happening as we age. On these pages we share what tickles us about the fun, the bitter sweet, and the irony of getting older.
"You don't stop laughing because you grow older. You grow older because you stop laughing."
Maurice Chevalier, French and American Actor, 1888-1972
click on a number
1. A Trip to the Doctor Submitted by Tom Spears, Lakeland Addition, Comanche County, OK
2. What the Grandkids Say Submitted by David Lott, Medicine Park, OK
3. No One Believes What a Senior Says Submitted by M. E. Musgrove, Walters, OK
4. A New Concern -- Exercise? Submitted by Tom Spears, Comanche County, OK
5. The Perfect Man Submitted by Jo Ann Spears, Comanche County, OK
6. You Know You Are Getting Old When..... Send in your example.
7. Signs to the Center. Submitted by David Lott, Medicine Park, OK
8. Living Will -- From Dec/Jan/Feb issue of Center for Creative Living Quarterly
9. Interview with an 86-year-old -- From various sources on the Internet and Email
10. Old Timer's Bar -- 10 Cents a Drink -- Another version of a story told by Bob Davis
11. Playing the Piano -- A tired old story retold by Tom Spears
12. Overheard -- Comments heard at the Senior Center (Share with us what you've heard)
13. 4th of July at Lake Lawtonka -- Another CuddaHappened! by Tom Spears
14. You Don't Know My Mother-in-Law -- Lifted from an anonymous source
15. Take Coconut Oil For Dementia -- Suggested by Helen Cowley
16. Killroy Was Here -- Sent in by Joanne Brill
17. He Doesn't Know Everything! -- Told by a lady that said, "Don't use my name."
18. Just How Dry Is It? -- A survey of the way it was recently by Tom Spears
19. Seniors Aerobic Class -- She told me this in an email.
20. A Trip to the Pharmacist -- An experience by Tom Spears
21. What Happened to Those We Knew So Well... -- An email forward from Patsy Wilson
22. A Crane and a Hummingbird Went Into a Bar -- A story by Tom Spears
23. I got my concealed carry permit today -- Posted by Joy Willingham on Facebook
24. Advice from an old farmer -- Posted to Facebook by Debby Lewis
25. Another farmer's comments -- Comments by Tom Spears
26. A Man Gets Angry -- Copied with appreciation from a FaceBook posting.
27. Seniors do not need Drives License any more -- Posted by Ivalou Zimmerman on Facebook
Not all things about being a senior citizen are fun and games nor are most things sad and painful.